It’s been such a stable makeup item in my life for so long that it wasn’t too hard to create what I always do with this palette, a deep purple smokey eye.
Im pretty sure every girl has a favourite eyeshadow palette that gets carted around all over the place and pulled out over and over again as a tried and true product that never fails. That palette for me is the Dior Mystic Smokys palette. A 5 shadow palette that I’ve had for years and have carted all around the globe on my travels, so much so that the lids broken and its held together with hope if nothing else. Its a purple toned smokey eye palette that has some gorgeous colours.
Talk about the five different colours, cool tones, all of them. Even the brown is more greyish brown.
I put a base of the brown, smoked it out with the purple, highlighted with the pink in my inner corner and did brow bone with cream, i smoked out the under eye with the brown and highlighted a little with the blue metallic to get some definition and depth.
WHat are the shadows like to work with, blending wise, pigmentation?
Dont hate me but the palette is now disconituned. But there are simialr palettes with similar colours in particular the
If youd like to see it being used, theres a makeup look I based solely around this palette in the video below.
On the last day of July, I turned 27. This birthday seems like a turning point in my life somehow, I’m not sure whats going to happen next but I’m working on change and this year feels like it’s going to be a good one. So in the spirit of all the change I wanted to reflect on what I’ve learnt over my life. Below is a list of 20 things I’ve learnt, followed by 7 things I want to achieve, do or improve over the next year of my life.
If you aren’t up to reading, then there’s a video format of the list at the bottom of the post.
20 Things I’ve Learnt
1. Being an adult is hard, and no one knows what they’re doing.
2. Owning the roof over your head is magical. After travelling and living all over the place for a few months each time is great fun but not very settling, in the last 6 months I moved into a new flat that is officially half mine and I’ve decided to not travel so much and settle into Milan properly, this feeling of contentment from staying in one place that is my own is everything to me right now.
3. Travelling is one of the most enriching things you can do. And my only regrets with travelling around with modelling is not trying to fit so much more in and really appreciate the situation that was presented to me.
4. Friendships need to be cultivated and looked after. It’s something I’m constantly trying to push myself into. I’m so introverted, I forget sometimes that I need all my friends, family, my boyfriend. Learning to show appreciation of them being in my life is something I’m working on. I want to spend as much time as possible with the people I love most.
5. You don’t need many friends in life, just some really good ones. They last forever and when you see them its like you never spent time apart. Also for someone that struggles with keeping up with people, fewer is easier.
6. Having a dog is a presence I’m forever grateful for and sometimes get a little overwhelmed with love my little poodle gives me. He’s the little love of my life and I’ve learnt so much caring for him.
7. You can’t please everyone. This I’ve known for a long time, especially with being a model. You learn very quickly that it’s not you personally, you just aren’t the face a client has in their mind for a job. Some days it’s easy to remember and some days not.
8. Which leads on to, learn to love your body. It’s a personal thing and shouldn’t have any impact from outside parties. Your body is yours and how you feel about it should not be impacted by what outside parties think and I’m learning that, slowly.
9. Coffee doesn’t agree with me, it gives me headaches and bloats me to painful degrees. Stop drinking the damn stuff.
10. The 80/20 rule is life when it comes to food.
11. Moving my body, in any way helps me sleep and calms my mind, like meditation in a way. Everyone should move their body and find an exercise they love, trust me when I say there’s something out there for everyone.
12. Reading is so important. I’m addicted to audiobooks at the moment, having someone read me a story is one of my favourite things. I love it too walk the dog too and fall asleep too, but nothing beats holding an actual book in your hand. I need to remember to never stop reading.
13. I don’t love music and that’s ok. I don’t listen to a lot of music and don’t enjoy going out to listen to it really. I don’t enjoy discovering new bands. I rarely switch music on. And that’s ok. It used to bother me so much but now I’ve learnt that its personal preference and I don’t care anymore.
14. Not to care about others opinions of you. Not giving a shit about what anyone thinks is the reason I started this blog and my youtube channel and something I live by in general because you can’t please everyone and the people with the worst opinions of you aren’t worth your thoughts or your time.
15. Fake tan and high SPF are where it’s at. I tried for a few years to get a real tan and it gave me fine lines and burnt skin. I’ll stick to the shade cheers.
16. Drinking at least 2 litres of water every day is important and a habit that is well worth the never ending trips to the loo to go and pee.
17. Never stop writing. I love writing and got out of the habit because i thought i was so bad, I was but i shouldn’t have stopped. I now have a little file on my google docs which is a daily diary where the key is to write 500 words a day. Even if its rambling journal entries or a blog post. It’s therapeutic and hopefully improving my writing but most of all its getting me to do something I enjoy every day.
18. Consistency is the key to life. There no quick fix, save all solution. This goes for food, exercise, work, youtube videos. If you are consistent, the results will come.
19. Getting rid of someone on your social feeds that doesn’t make you feel good about yourself is healthy. Some people make me turn green with jealousy and I hate that so I unfollow them, some people have vastly different life views? Unfollow. I want my social feeds to be full of what I want to see and what brings me joy.
20. Do what you love. It brings so much fulfilment into your life. I didn’t know what I wanted or loved for long time. But I’m finally starting to figure it out and I couldn’t be happier.
7 things to learn, do and achieve this next year.
1. Exercise regularly. And by regularly I mean every day. i got into such a great routine in London at the beginning of the year, but after moving cities and joining a gym i dont love, I’ve fallen out of the habit. I need to figure out a good schedule and stick to it.
2. This year I need to up my Italian game, I’ve been saying this for about 3 years now. It gets more and more embarrassing the longer i live here. I need to learn this bloody language.
3. I want to keep consistently putting out 2 videos a week for the next year because then it’ll be an achievement I’ve never had before. I don’t have a consistent job and it’ll be very very cool to be able to stick at something I enjoy doing for so long.
4. I want to learn more about photography this year, Its about time.
5. I want to spend more time with Ciro (the boyfriend) because sometimes we pass each other by in the house, we need to remember to make time for one another more.
6. I need to learn to be a bit tidier. I need to learn to tidy as I go or at least tidy a little every day.
7. Last but not least, I want to learn to be happy with myself and be more open to opportunities and really push myself to do better this year. Thats three things smushed into one goal but they all roll together.
I’ve always craved owning a red bag but never quite made the leap because no bag was ever the right shade, or style or shape. However that all changed when I spied this little number up on the shelf. How could I not pick up this perfect boxy, cross body bag from Zara with gold detailing, right down to the delicate gold fly over the front clasp. Its cherry bright summer loving perfection.
Hello summer holidays. In August Italy shuts down and heads to the beach and who am I to argue with the masses? Suits me just fine. This month I want to focus on a few things while I’m travelling, so here written in stone are my goals for August…
1. Take In The Surroundings. This month we will be travelling down to Napoli and then across to Sicily where we will be island hopping for 5 days around the Sicilian island before 5 days of exploring on the mainland. Sicily is somewhere I’ve always wanted to visit so I want to do a little research before I leave and really enjoy myself.
2. Picture It. I’ve had my little Olympus Pen for a couple of months now and I’m finally starting to get to grips with it, but I think taking it on my travels will really help cement in some knowledge on how to use the camera and also we never take enough pictures so it’d be nice to fully capture a holiday for once.
3. Tidy. At the end of the month I’m going back to Manchester to clear out my room and finally send things on to Milan that I’ve been meaning to do for a good 3 years. I’m going to get a removal company to take all my furniture and remaining books and trinkets across Europe for me, because when you fly Easyjet weight is limiting and bring two books across at a time is a little too slow for my liking.
4. Family. While I’m home, like always I’m going to cram in as much family time as I can. We’ve finally got a few WhatsApp groups going now, so it’s much easier to communicate and share but there’s nothing like seeing your mum and dad every day and spending hours and hours just relaxing or pottering about the house.
I finally got my hands on the L’Oreal Glam Bronze Cushion Soleil, after over a month of searching all the beauty counters around Milan, only to find them empty. I then end up finding it stuffed in the corner of a L’Oreal stand in my local supermarket. Go figure. After becoming addicted to the L’Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation I knew I had to get my grubby little paws on the bronzer.
My face is a high street glowy shrine of happiness right now, thanks in part cushions and also to the Rimmel InstaFlawless Primer. I love finding a good highstreet makeup product and this primer is brilliant for summer. I’ve got the shade Light Medium and it works like a skin tint, but also has a serious amount of shimmer packed into the little bottle. I smear a whole lot of it onto my face to create a luminous base and with a damp beauty blender work in the L’oreal Cushion Foundation. A dewy, light to medium coverage foundation in the shade 07, Golden Beige which is a perfect colour match for my slightly tanned skin. The L’oreal bronzing cushion is a warm brown that doesn’t come out too orange but does look almost dewy and not in a greasy way more like a golden summer tan kind of way. It doesn’t have shimmer in the formula, but it does work alongside the foundation cushion in the way that they both set with a dewy finish and give a warm glow to the skin. I again use a damp beauty blender to apply the bronzer and build up a bronzed glow easily. The foundation can be built up to medium coverage and with the bronzer it’s pretty difficult to go overboard even on a pale complexion like mine, like the foundation it’s a light coverage that can be built up.
These three products have become staples this month and I’m barely using anything else, they are a perfect trio of summer glow. I’m already on my second foundation.